Sunday, April 15, 2012

Trent Goes to the Prom

It seems that I have been focusing on the negative in football lately, so to get out of my rut, I don't want to miss a chance to highlight Trent Richardson's good deed:

Alabama star Trent Richardson took his gridiron moves to the dance floor this weekend when he attended prom with a 17-year-old cancer survivor.

WBRC-TV reports that Richardson and Courtney Alvis arrived Saturday night at Boutwell Auditorium for Hueytown High School's prom.

He was sporting a white tuxedo while she was wearing a red dress. Richardson agreed to attend the dance with Alvis after her uncle contacted some of his friends at Alabama.

He didn't go to his own senior prom, but he said he wanted to attend Alvis' dance because his own mother is a cancer survivor...

Alvis was diagnosed with leukemia last year and is now undergoing chemotherapy treatments.


I blogged before about how I like Richardson the athlete and I am glad that the public is getting to know Richardson the person as well.

I'm not sure if my Buccaneers will draft him or not with the fifth pick, but it is difficult not to see him as an impact player in the NFL this coming season.

You can go here to see how Richardson was dressed for the big night.


1 comment:

Comments are always welcome--thanks.