Monday, November 14, 2011

Sideline Reporting

Who said that football sideline reporters never get any good scoops?

Michelle TaFoya did during last night's Patriots thumping the Jets:

Rex Ryan knew it was a mistake right away.

When Mark Sanchez took a time out with 1:24 left in the first half, Ryan was angry, already thinking about the Patriots next possession.

Ryan told NBC’s Michele TaFoya that the timeout was the “stupidest play in NFL history.”...

So, instead of the usual "coach talk" when confronted with a microphone, I offer this solution: Have the sideline reported just hang out with Rex Ryan and get his input on every Sunday night game.

They could pay him to watch the first half, he could assume his effective portrayal of a comedian, and the audience could just laugh and shake their heads.

It would be much better than the usual blah, blah, blah.

Rex, you won't coach forever, but I think you have a bright future as television court jester.

1 comment:

  1. Rex Ryan...Sigh...

    When I heard that during the half time talk, I cracked up! What a great game! I haven't yelled that loud at a TV in a while. Your man Gronkowski really stepped it up last night.

    Between Gronkowski, Brady, and Demarco Murray I had my best fantasy score all season!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome--thanks.