Friday, February 3, 2012

Super Bowl Pick

Well, after listening to all the arguments about who will win the Super Bowl, I am going contrarian, and picking the Patriots.  I say 24-20.

It feels weird saying "Pats will win" is contrarian, but I have not heard much love for those New Englanders.

Instead, lots of inflammatory comments have been the storyline from Giants players.

I like how the Pats coaching staff seems to always have a creative game plan.

I look for them to run against those Giant speed rushers early and often--thereby slowing them down when Brady is ready to pass.

I am concerned about Gronk's ankle, but a bad ankle does not make a 6'7'' guy any smaller.  I expect him to be at least a good decoy.

As a big Hakeem Nicks fan, I would be concerned about his injury.  Victor Cruz has had a fantastic season and was certainly able to sneak up on defenses as Nicks drew lots of double teams.

So, I'll be interested to see how Nicks is playing early.

-------------------------

Whatever the outcome, I hope you enjoy the game and are surrounded with lots of good food.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome--thanks.